UPDATE! As you can see, I have decided to clean the background as well. And since I have only recently started to clean my illustrations directly into photoshop... this took longer then what I had expected. I still have a lot of work to do but it's coming along :)
So I've cleaned up the characters. Notice that I've added the cat on top of the mail box :). The background is a litlle rough. I'm not sure if I will be keeping the line for the final result. I guess I will have to test it out. Next up color!
Here is a rough sketch I did today. I'm thinking of maybe adding a cat on top of that mail box...
Finaly an update! I had to put this project on hold for a while, I was way too busy.
So since the last time I posted, I got to finish my rigg on the girl. I still have a few things to fix for it to be animation friendly though. But it's guetting there.
So about this background: I did all of the lighting in maya 9.0 and then I applied my textures and colors in photoshop. This way it was much easier for me to adjust the color palette and see the overall result.